I am committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors, readers, and service users.
There are laws around the world restricting what I can do with your data (your email address, name, phone number, and other identifying information), and the policy below complies with current laws.
Any data you send me will be used in a lawful way, I won't do anything with it that I did not tell you about in advance.
There may be a scenario whereby inidividual administrators (working directly for, or contracted by Positive Change Therapies) will have access to your: name, email, telephone number, address, and cookie data for internal marketing evaluation and administration/scheduling reasons.
How I Use Your Personal Data
I may process data about your use of my website through a third-party analytics tracking system, such as Google Analytics. This usage data may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency, and pattern of your service use. I may process your account and profile data, which will include your name and email address and phone number and any other demographic information you voluntarily provided to me. This information is used only to provide you with my services and communicate with you. I may also process information you supply to me in contributing to my website or in transactions, including purchases of goods and services. Also, I may process information you gave me in subscribing to my email notifications and/or newsletters.
Providing Your Personal Data To Others
Financial transactions relating to my website and services may be handled by our payment services providers. I will share transaction data with them only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing your payments, refunds, and dealing with queries. Personal data that I process for any purpose will not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose.
Security Of Personal Data
I will take appropriate technical and organizational precautions to secure your personal data and to prevent its loss, misuse, or alteration. I will store all your personal data on secure servers, personal computers and mobile devices, and in secure manual record-keeping systems. Data relating to your enquiries and financial transactions that is sent from your web browser to my web server, or from my web server to your web browser, will be protected using encryption technology. You acknowledge that the transmission of unencrypted data over the internet is inherently insecure, and I cannot guarantee its security. You should ensure that your password is not susceptible to being guessed, whether by a person or a computer program. You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing my website confidential and I will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to my website).
Your principal rights under data protection law are:
- The right to access: You have the right to confirm the personal data I have on you and I must provide access if you request it. Access to this data costs £10; if you require it please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The right to rectification: You have the right to have any inaccurate personal data about you corrected and to have any incomplete personal data about you completed.
- The right to erasure: Also known as the “right to be forgotten,” you have the right to the erasure of your personal data without undue delay for any reason. There are a few exceptions to this right, though, if I am complying with a legal obligation or defending against a legal claim.
- The right to restrict processing: In some circumstances you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data. That could happen if you contest the accuracy of the data or I no longer need the data, but you would like it retained for legal reasons.
- The right to object to processing: If you make such an objection, I will cease to process the personal information unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds that override your interests.
- The right to data portability: You have the right to object to my processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes (including profiling for direct marketing purposes). If you make such an objection, I will cease to process your personal data for this purpose.
- The right to complain to a supervisory authority: If you consider that my processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection.
- The right to withdraw consent: You have the right to withdraw your consent to handle your data at any time.
Third Party Websites
My website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites. I have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
Personal Data Of Children
My website and services are targeted at persons over the age of 16. If I have reason to believe that I hold personal data of a person under that age in our databases, I will delete it.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before then; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete them. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can however obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
- https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/block-websites-storing-cookies-site-data-firefox (Firefox).
- https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorerdelete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer).
- https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac (Safari).
- https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/view-cookies-in-microsoft-edge-a7d95376-f2cd-8e4a-25dc-1de753474879 (Edge).